VIA BRATTIA TRAIL
Price per person: On request
As this trail is really unique, together with Robyn Vulinovich of My Hidden Croatia, we created a special 8-day hiking tour on the island of Brač with an extra 2 days in Split. This trail opened up this island’s sheer beauty to lovers of active holidays and sustainable tourism. The spectacular trail is 140 kilometers in length, connecting the whole island, with many exceptional locations, passing through a large number of small villages lost in time, olive groves, vineyards, and pristine seaside towns with the final two days and evenings spent in Split.
VIA BRATTIA is a 140 kms long circular tourist trail that connects numerous settlements on the island of Brač and 12 most attractive island’s historic and cultural locations, offering you the opportunity to collect hiking badges and discover all the beautiful stories that our island has to tell.
By joining a privately guided walk to all of the locations listed on the map with blue and white markers, you’ll be able to celebrate getting through each section with a stamp. Your guide will enhance the walk, adding informative information about local culture, history, flora and fauna, the way of life here on Island Brač, and stories from the past.
Day 1. Arrival – Welcome to Split!
Your Taxi boat driver and your guide will be waiting to meet and greet you. From the airport you will be taken directly to accommodation in Supetar. Approx. 40 minutes from Airport to Supetar. Gathering in the evening for our Welcome Dinner.
Day 2. Transfer to Škrip – Pučišča
Olive Oil Tasting Museum and lunch. Easy day, starting with a late morning drive to Škrip, the start of the Via Brattia Trail. There you will find your first stamp at the Škrip Museum. After lunch, drive to Splitska, where the group will stop and take a 15 minute walk to the nearby Roman quarry to view the image of Hercules carved into a cliff back in Roman times. From there you will enjoy driving to Postira and finally Pučisća.
Day 3. Pučišća – Povlja
Joško Radić Gallery and the famous School of Stonemasonry. Pučišća is a hidden gem, a small seaside town built entirely of the white stone of Brač. After lunch, a 23 km long walk from Pucisca to Povlja.
Day 4. Povlja to Sumartin
Remains of the early Christian basilica from the 5th and 6th centuries. Traces of inhabitants date back to prehistory as can be seen from forts and mounds from that time, and some can still be seen on surrounding hilltops. Walk from Povlja to Sumartin/Selca – 12 kms
Day 5 Sumartin – Bol
The newest village on Brač is found on the southernmost tip of the island. With an early history of being looters on the mainland during the Ottoman Empire, they later turned to shipbuilding, fishing and quarrying of the stone. Three kilometres inland is the pretty village of Selca, a place of unique panoramas with a history dating back to the 12th century. The views across to the mainland are spectacular. Walk Selca / Sumartin to Bol. 25 kms.
Day 6. Free day in Bol
A place first mentioned in the year 1184 when the Bishop’s Palace was located where the present Dominican Monastery is today. In the old harbor you’ll find mansions and summer residences of interesting architecture, art galleries, swimming at the famous beach of Zlatni Rat or at the nearby nudist beach if you are so inclined. Late afternoon (optional) wine tasting at Stina Cellars is always very popular. An evening with time to enjoy this destination so popular with many visitors from far and near.
Day 7. Bol – Blaca – Milna
23 kms – walk to Blaca Hermitage, via Dragon’s Cave. Drive from Blaca to Milna. This day has a walking route that is more demanding on the way uphill from Bol to Blaca via the Dragon’s Cave, and while the end result of visiting the astounding and remote hermitage is extremely rewarding, it’s a matter of ‘when the going gets tough, the tough get going’! Waiting on the trail above the hermitage, our driver will be waiting to take us to some very comfortable accommodation in Milna on the Western coast of the island, but on the way we’ll stop at the 300 year old home of the Tomas family in Smrka Bay for a well deserved delicious lunch of slowly roasted lamb and all the trimmings. Lamb is a speciality of this island, and there’ll be time to relax and have a swim.
Day 8. Milna – Supetar – Split
15 km long walk, then ferry to Split. Last day on Island Brač. We’ll be hiking through the delightful villages of Ložišća and Bobovišća by the sea, and across to Sutivan where we’ll find the last stamp at the church of Spiridon. In Supetar we’ll have some free time to visit some special places of interest then enjoy a parting late optional lunch and return to Split. (50 minutes on the ferry)
Day 9. Split
9.00am Guided walking tour of Old Split and farewell dinner at Konoba in Veli Varoš.
Day 10. Departure
Transfer to Split Airport
- Taxi boat from the airport to Supetar
- Accommodation every night from the beginning of tour till the departure (9 nights)
- Transfers in between attractions and towns
- Transfers for luggage during the whole tour
- Tickets – Olive Oil Tasting Museum
- Tickets for Joško Radić Gallery in Pučišća and School of Stonemasonry
- Guide and driver
- Lunch at Smrka Bay (peka)
- Ferry to Split
- Walking tour and farewell dinner at Konoba Otprilike Ovako in Varoš
- Transfer to Airport
Pickup at the airport
- Small groups with a maximum of 8 people
- Tours are made with jeeps 4×4 Land Rover Defender 110 or Puch Pinzgauer
- Trails are marked both ways, just follow the blue and white marks
- Luggage transfers during the tour are included in the price
- Activity duration according to itinerary / Everyday
- 98 km of hiking on Via Brattia
- Free day in Bol
- Full Schedule will be sent after deposit payment
- Days available: send a request for availability
- Available languages: English
- Cancellations without charge in case of Covid positive test before arrival
- Recommendations: Bring comfortable clothes, hiking equipment, a swimming suit, a hat and sunscreen. Also some mosquito repellent might be useful
- Make sure to bring your own bottle for water
- Island Brac has quality water so you can drink water from tap
- All meals on the route are included in the price
- Transport included – we’ll collect you from the airport or your hotel and take you back when the trip is over to the airport
- Tips are not included in price